M&T Bank purchased an existing 5MW Data Center, located in Western New York, to meet its long term IT requirements. The facility includes two data wings totaling approximately 27,000 square feet of raised floor space and support spaces. M&T was looking to assess bringing the facility up to full Tier III conformance while improving the facility’s energy performance. Wendel
provided the analysis and design required to accomplish this goal.
In order to comply with PESH, OSHA, and NFPA 70E, Wendel was retained by our client M&T Bank to perform a Short Circuit/ Arc Flash Study.
The project encompassed the following tasks:
- Field work required for data collection and comparison to existing single line diagram
- Short circuit and arc flash analysis using SKM PowerTools Software
- Summary report of findings with recommendations for area’s with high incident energy levels
- Generation and placement of warning labels
- Electrical safety personnel training for non qualified personnel
- Electrical safety personnel training for qualified personnel
- Bring facility into Compliance with PESH, NFPA and OSHA Arc Flash regulations
- Prescription of appropriate PPM for Electrical Workers
- Compliance with OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910