On July 18, 2019, the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (Climate Act) was signed into law. New York State’s Climate Act is among the most ambitious climate laws in the world and requires New York to reduce economy-wide greenhouse gas emissions 40 percent by 2030 and no less than 85 percent by 2050 from 1990 levels. The law creates a Climate Action Council charged with developing a scoping plan of recommendations to meet these targets and place New York on a path toward carbon neutrality.
Wendel as a FlexTech Consultant
We understand that energy can be a significant part of the cost to run your business, but these costs can be managed if you work with a FlexTech Consultant to identify opportunities to reduce energy use. If you need technical assistance in advancing your climate action initiatives we can help you obtain a 50% cost shared grant through our FlexTech term contract with NYSERDA.
What is the Flexible Technical Assistance Program?
FlexTech offers a wide range of cost-shared technical services to help you and your team make cost effective clean energy decisions. Leverage these services at a reduced cost and prioritize energy efficiency into future capital planning projects. NYSERDA will provide a 50% cost-shared grant for FlexTech studies. For select technical services, up to $500,000 is available for P-12 School District, College and University, and State and Local Government building owners.
What Can You Learn Through the FlexTech Program?
- If a clean energy project is right for you
- How to reduce your energy bills
- The payback on potential energy-related building upgrades
- How to develop a capital plan that includes clean energy components
Benefits of Using a FlexTech Consultant
- By choosing a FlexTech Consultant under contract to NYSERDA, you can reduce your up-front ﬁnancial commitment. That’s because NYSERDA pays its cost-share directly to the Consultant
- FlexTech Consultants can prepare a program application on your behalf, resulting in minimum effort on your part
Learn how Wendel can be your FlexTech Consultant!
For more information, please fill out the form below or contact:
Keith L. Krug, CEM
Sr. Associate Principal
Contact us for more information
We look forward to hearing from you!