To Build a Better World With You, We built a better team
Our Leadership has spent years investing in the right people for the job.
The most important outcome of this decision is what you will find inside Wendel – energy, passion, diversity, creativity and challenging work. You will learn from the best of the best. Wendel’s experienced professionals will mentor you to make sure you are getting what you want out of your career. You will have unlimited access to valuable knowledge that can only come from years of hands on experience. Wendel provides a learning environment where new ideas are welcomed, collaborative design is encouraged, camaraderie is fostered and outstanding performance is recognized.
Want to know what it’s like to work at Wendel?
- All Positions
- Wastewater Engineering
- Energy Efficiency
- Geographic Information Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Entry Level Water/Wastewater Engineer (Williamsville, NY, Syracuse, NY):
Wendel is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual to join our growing water/wastewater team. We are a unique, full-service engineering, architectural, energy services, and construction management firm that offers competitive salaries and benefits along with a working culture that is second to none. If you are interested in a fast paced, fun working environment where quality matters and team comes first, we invite you to respond!
We are looking for a full time entry-level engineer interested in furthering their career in the water and wastewater fields. Experience with modeling software (WaterCAD, BioWin), water/wastewater treatment processes, hydraulics, and construction inspection is a plus. We are looking for candidates with between 0 – 3 years’ experience. This position will be located in our Syracuse or Williamsville (Buffalo), NY office depending on your geographic location. You must have your own transportation for travel to job sites and client meetings.
We are looking for a team-player who is highly organized and has strong time-management skills. Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required. An EIT certificate is preferred, but we will consider experience and background.
GIS Application Developer (Williamsville, NY, Rochester, NY, Washington, D.C., Richmond, VA, Atlanta, GA):
Digital Marketing and Events Coordinator (Williamsville, NY):
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing and Events Coordinator to assist in the planning and execution of our online marketing programs, campaigns and activities as well as maintain and optimize web rankings. You will also manage our conference activities and coordinate with our internal SMEs and industry organizations on conferences/events and various other duties related marketing programs.
As a successful Digital Marketing and Events Coordinator at Wendel, you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture that is dynamic and evolving. In this role, you will work closely with the full marketing team to implement and track campaign progress, support in developing various digital marketing materials, sourcing images and artwork, collating content, updating online assets, streamlining digital marketing production, and handling general digital marketing activities.
We like to move quickly and win together, so if you are a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes, this is the job for you.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the development of messaging for products and services and coordinate digital content creation and uploads to web site.
- Support in the implementation of marketing strategies to increase the company’s lead capture.
- Coordinate on-line promotional campaigns and materials with the Director of Marketing, Senior Graphic Designer and Technical Writer.
- Support the Social Media team with updates and content (ie LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, pod casts, etc.).
- Compile marketing data to provide relevant information to the Marketing Director.
- Support in the creation, managing and monitoring online adwords campaigns, keywords and google analytics.
- Assist in preparation of sales and marketing materials, with a large emphasis on conference and trade shows.
- Plans meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Research and assistance with the purchase and inventory of promotional giveaway’s.
- Processes conference paperwork, maintain schedules, shipping, packing and tracking of conferences.
- Monitors conference budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Recommend improvements to current digital spaces Wendel is in – website and social media.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Requirement – what skills you will use
- Marketing degree with Business Administration preferably.
- Experience with e-mail marketing, marketing planning, and reports.
- Experience with one or more e-mail marketing systems such as Marketo, Hubspot, Mail Chimp or Constant Contact.
- Experience with CRM systems preferred.
- Experience with web conversions, SEO, adwords and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, diplomacy and a courteous and professional manner when dealing with internal or external clients.
- Up-to-date computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Adobe Suite knowledge preferably.
- Industry knowledge and experience a plus.
- Strong communications skills.
- Must work well in both team settings and independently.
- Excellent client-services skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and time management skills.
- Organize/manage multiple priorities and conduct problem analysis/resolution.
Human Resources Assistant (Williamsville, NY):
We’re looking for a Human Resources Assistant to act as support to our Human Resources team, as well as Wendel employees with tasks related to benefits, new hire paperwork, terminations, employee trainings and open enrollment. This is an exciting opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of HR while providing a high level of customer service to our staff.
As a successful HR Assistant, you are eager to learn, grow and thrive in a multi-disciplinary role. You will be a point person for questions with regard to benefits, become knowledgeable for leave of absence requests, and provide an overall positive experience for new hires. Our HR Assistant will also handle all of our terminations, HR communication to staff, and be able to step in and support the HR Business Partner and Talent Acquisition Specialist with other tasks as needed.
Our ideal HR Assistant will have a bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or related field of study along with some previous HR internship experience. We are prepared to train the right person if you are willing to learn!
Water/Wastewater Engineer (Mid Level) (Williamsville, NY, Syracuse, NY, Rochester, NY):
Wendel, a nationally recognized multi-discipline civil and architectural consulting firm, is looking to hire a full time mid-level Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our New York based design and construction team. This position location is flexible and dependent on your geographic location. If you are interested in a fast paced, fun working environment where quality matters and the team comes first, we invite you to respond.
This position will serve as both a technical lead and project manager for medium to large scale design and construction projects including distribution system and collection system improvements as well as water and wastewater treatment plant rehabilitation work. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in the water/wastewater disciplines. Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related fields is required. A PE is preferred, but we will consider experience and background.
The candidate must have a strong background in water and wastewater process planning, design, and construction administration of large infrastructure projects. Experience should include hydraulics, municipal water and wastewater treatment plant design, and energy usage/analysis. Candidate should be flexible, possess strong management and leadership skills, demonstrate sound communication and work well in a team environment. You must have your own transportation for travel to job sites and client meetings; occasional overnight travel may be required.
Please apply at: www.wendelcompanies.com Careers page. Wendel is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a drug-free work place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. We are a VEVRAA federal contractor and request priority referrals of protected veterans.
Come see what the Wendel Experience is all about!
Project Development Manager – Construction (Williamsville, NY):
Wendel Companies, a nationally recognized Architectural, Engineering, Energy Efficiency and Construction Management firm is looking to hire a Project Development Manager for our Construction Management practice area. This is a dual role of both sales and production, with focus as a construction project manager within our Master Builder model. The business development aspect of this position will focus on taking traditional design projects and incorporating our Master Builder model, as well as focus outside sales efforts in the private sector and manufacturing markets.
Junior – Mid Level Architect (Eau Claire, WI):
Wendel is seeking multiple enthusiastic design professionals that thrive in a fast paced and team focused working environment to join our growing office in Eau Claire, WI. We are a nationally recognized multi-discipline architecture, engineering and construction firm that specializes in a wide range of market sectors, with a body of work that includes K-12, corporate interiors, medical and transportation facility designs. With multiple regional offices, Wendel presents the opportunity to work on an exciting variety of projects with a collaborative team approach. If you are interested in a fast paced, fun working environment where quality matters and the team comes first, we invite you to respond.
The ideal candidates have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and has worked for 2-5 years in a design firm, with project experience working in Autodesk Revit and AutoCad. Technical writing skills are a plus.
Lead Energy Engineer (Phoenix, AZ):
Wendel, a nationally recognized energy services, engineering, architecture and construction firm that is dedicated to innovative and sustainable solutions for our clients is looking to hire a Lead Energy Engineer in our Phoenix, AZ office. In this position you will be responsible for developing comprehensive and investment grade energy audits including data collection, utility bill disaggregation and benchmarking. Other responsibilities include field visits, energy calculations, cost estimates and contractor pricing, energy measure descriptions and detailed work scope packages. You will also assist with management of design, bidding and construction and actively lead project teams with the development and implementation of energy conservation measures (ECMs) across a variety of client sectors and facility types.
- PE license and/or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or other industry related certifications
- Building modeling and commissioning/retro-commissioning experience
- Expertise in multiple technical areas of Energy Engineering, preferably HVAC and control systems
- Responsible for completing multiple tasks on multiple projects
- Management/development of multiple energy projects
- Capable and responsible for QA/QC on assigned tasks and projects.
- Capable and proven developer of new ECM calculations, checklists and other internal tools
- Ability to support construction activities during implementation
- Experience developing energy projects
- Proven management of construction projects
Proposal Coordinator (Williamsville, NY):
Interested in joining a firm consecutively on the WNY Best Places to Work List? Looking for a rewarding and challenging career change? Are you someone who can manage multiple stakeholders to produce a winning proposal with exceptional writing and editing skills and a good eye for graphic design?
Wendel, a national architecture, engineering, energy efficiency and construction management firm, is looking to expand its marketing team and bring aboard a proposal coordinator/writer.
You will produce winning proposals by orchestrating the efforts of the many experts at Wendel and meeting the requirements of our clients while maintaining brand and quality standards.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading the coordination and production of statement of qualifications, proposals, and interview materials for a client/market sector following the corporate identity standards.
• Support other business units with the organization, writing and preparation of proposals and interview materials.
• Typical duties also include developing and producing sales and marketing materials to support client managers and project leads with project development.
• Serves all clients concerned (internal and external), to fulfill the expectations of Wendel and to support and develop the growth opportunities of the client-centered team service unit.
• Has authority to use discretionary judgement in performing work related to development of Client/Market sector sales/marketing applications.
• In accordance with corporate policies and procedures, develops and recommends methods and approaches for marketing-related applications and improvements to ensure efficiency.
• Must be able to write and lead project highlight sheets, company resumes, project histories, and other written materials to support business development and marketing campaigns.
• Develop concepts, graphic design, and final files for printed and electronic sales, marketing, and project related initiatives.
• Coordinate the work of team members on sales/marketing activities. Special projects as needed. Reports to Director of Marketing. Must be able to work additional hours when necessary.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Arts or Marketing.
• Five years of experience in proposal and marketing role.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Very proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher.
• Adapts to additional software programs as needed. Adobe Suite program knowledge desirable.
• Extremely organized, excellent writing and communication skills, strategic thinking, prioritization, and time management.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and prioritize multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Requires self-direction, diplomacy and a courteous and professional manner when dealing with internal or external clients.
Construction Manager (Eau Claire, WI, Minneapolis, MN):
Wendel, a national design and construction company, is looking for a construction manager/site superintendent to join our Eau Claire, WI based Construction Team. If you are interested in a fast paced, fun working environment where quality matters and the team comes first, we invite you to apply. Come see what the Wendel Experience is all about.
This position will assist in the growth and management of our Construction Services group. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in Construction Management/Site Superintendent Services of multidiscipline buildings and infrastructure projects. An Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Technology/Management is preferred. Proficiency with field oversight, coordination and management of multiple prime sub-contracts, administration of projects, cost estimating, scheduling software and construction management software is required. Candidate should be organized, flexible, possess leadership skills and be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
This position will be in our Eau Claire office. Wendel offers excellent pay, benefits, and outstanding opportunities. Please apply at: www.wendelcompanies.com Careers page. Wendel is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a drug-free work place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Water/Wastewater Resource Manager (Williamsville, NY):
Wendel, a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, energy, and construction management professional services firm, has a leadership opportunity in the technical discipline of water/wastewater engineering. This leadership position is titled “Resource Manager” and has the critically important role of coordinating project work with our water/wastewater leaders and technical team. Responsibilities include scheduling of project teams, coordinating team commitments and deadlines, managing the groups utilization, technical training, quality, mentoring and coaching of technical professionals. This leadership role serves as a liaison between company management objectives and technical team project efforts.
In addition to Resource Manager, this position includes the project roles of technical lead and project manager for medium to large scale design and construction projects. Project types include distribution system and collection system improvements as well as water and wastewater treatment plant rehabilitation work.
Candidates must have a strong background in water and wastewater process planning, design, and construction administration of large infrastructure projects. Experience should include hydraulics, municipal water and wastewater treatment plant design, and energy usage/analysis. Candidates should be flexible, possess strong management and leadership skills, demonstrate sound communication and work well in a team environment.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years’ experience in the water/wastewater disciplines. Previous team leadership or management experience a plus. Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related fields is required. Professional engineering license is required. Transportation for travel to job sites and client meetings is required; occasional overnight travel may be required.
Come see what the Wendel Experience is all about!
Water Engineer (Senior Level) (Williamsville, NY, Syracuse, NY, Albany, NY, Rochester, NY):
Wendel, a nationally recognized multi-discipline engineering and architectural consulting firm, has an exciting opportunity for a full time mid to senior level Water Process Engineer to join our design and construction team. This position location is flexible and dependent on your geographic location. If you are interested in a fast paced, collaborative working environment with an emphasis on client service, innovative thought and career growth, we invite you to respond.This position will serve as both a technical lead and project manager for medium to large scale study, design and construction projects involving water treatment, storage, pumping and distribution systems.Project work includes (among other tasks):· Diagnosing, analyzing and implementing water treatment process improvements· Optimization of treatment plant operation systems, including: Pretreatment, Filtration, Chemical, Residuals and Energy systems· Asset evaluation and related long-term capital planning· Hydraulic modeling of water treatment and storage systems· Supplementing utility staff with water expertise in critical situationsIn this position you will become the trusted advisor to our established water clients and supplement our sales team in the development and securing of new project work. You will represent the Wendel Water Group on a regional and national level through professional organizations, technical presentations, and key partnerships. Ideal candidates for this position would have existing experience in the water discipline, however individuals seeking to leverage a broad portfolio of experience who are interested in becoming focused within the Water market will also be considered. A Bachelor’s or Masters of Science degree in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering or related fields is required. A PE is preferred, but we will consider experience and background.Candidates should be flexible, possess strong management and leadership skills, demonstrate sound communication and work well in a team environment. You must have your own transportation for travel to job sites and client meetings; occasional overnight travel may be required.Come see what the Wendel Experience is all about!
Lead Architect (Buffalo, NY):
Wendel is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Architect design professional to join our growing architectural practice in Buffalo, NY. The ideal candidate will come with a diverse skill set including experience with commercial, mixed-use, multi-family design projects. Someone with healthcare or a K-12 background would be ideal. This person should be an experienced client leader who would want to build a team around them. Our Lead Architect will have both strong technical skills as well as the ability to be creative with their design work.
Wendel is locally and nationally recognized for multi-discipline architecture, engineering, energy and construction. Our architectural practice is a fast paced and team focused working environment. We specialize in a wide range of market sectors, with a body of work that includes medical/healthcare, P-12, university, corporate interiors, municipal and public transportation. We need a capable, team first, proactive, lead design professional to carry our portfolio forward in conjunction with our capable teams already in place.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, technical expertise, project leadership abilities with direct client experience. Strong experience with identifying and implementing sustainable design measures is also desired. This individual will work in a multi-office team environment and be responsible for building client relationships and project development from concept through construction. Professional licensure desired with strong design, construction document and administration experience.
Energy Engineer (Albany, NY):
Wendel is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, energy service and construction management firm that delivers customized solutions and turnkey projects in innovative ways. We are is looking to hire an energy engineer to join our diverse and growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role will require a dynamic, highly motivated individual. In this position you will be responsible for developing comprehensive energy audits, including data collection, utility bill disaggregation and benchmarking; field visits; energy calculations; cost estimates and contractor pricing, energy measure descriptions and detailed work scope packages; report writing; project design documents, development of measurement and verification plans and contract documents. You will actively lead tasks associated with developing and implementing energy conservation measures (ECMs) across a variety of client sectors and facility types. Responsibilities will include:
- Data Collection
- Utility Bill Disaggregation
- Field Visits
- Energy Calculations
- Energy Measure Descriptions
- Support design team
- Support construction
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Collaboration with Project Leadership
- Support of measurement & verification (M&V) plans development
- Produce annual M&V reports
Qualifications and Education:
- Engineering Degree with minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience with Lighting and HVAC Systems
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Columbus, OH, Meriden, CT):
Wendel, a nationally ranked, award winning architecture, engineering, energy efficiency and construction management firm is seeking Lead Mechanical Engineers in our Columbus, OH and Meriden, CT offices. We have established a presence in both Ohio and Columbus and need experienced and hardworking Mechanical Engineers to lead, organize, manage and execute mechanical engineering work within our current project portfolio.
Technical competencies of our ideal candidate will include air handling and distribution, ventilation/exhaust, hydronic, building controls, piping and plumbing systems. Responsibilities will include business development, portfolio management, engineering production and client relations.
The ideal candidate will have a BS degree along with a minimum of 5 years of mechanical engineering experience. PE license is preferred.
Lead Electrical Engineer (Columbus, OH, Meriden, CT):
Wendel, a nationally ranked, award winning architecture, engineering, energy efficiency and construction management firm is seeking Lead Electrical Engineers in our Columbus, OH and Meriden, CT offices. We have established a presence in the both the states of Ohio and Connecticut and need experienced and hardworking Electrical Engineers to lead, organize, manage and execute electrical engineering work within our current project portfolio.
Technical competencies of our ideal candidate will include electrical utility service applications, power systems surveys and equipment selection, lighting and security systems.
The ideal candidate will have a BS degree along with a minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience. PE license is preferred.
Internships (Various Locations):
Interested in an internship?
Click here for more information and to apply
Wendel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply.
Please note that Wendel does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes received from individuals or any third parties such as recruitment agencies. We welcome all resumes in response to a specific position as published on this website and through other media outlets through which Wendel has advertised. Due to the number of responses, no phone inquiries please. To apply, please select a position and use the link provided. If you need assistance in applying, (do not send your resume to this email) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Employment/Recruitment Specialist.