Wendel was retained to deliver structural engineering and civil engineering services for the Downstream Casino Resort, a design-build phased project led by JCJ Architecture and Manhattan
Construction. The project, which also includes a high rise hotel and is situated on 140 acres of land near the borders of Oklahoma, Missouri, and Kansas.
The aggressive schedule required multiple fast-track bid packages to meet the 11-month construction schedule set by the client.
Phase I of the Project Includes
- A one-story, 175,000 sf casino with 2,000 gaming positions, public spaces, restaurants, back-of-house areas, and administrative spaces.
- A 12-story, 240-room hotel including a ground level outdoor pool.
- At grade parking for 2,750 vehicles.
- Roadway, intersection, storm water management and utility service improvements.
Phase II of the Project Includes
- A two-story, approximately 30,000 sf addition, housing a spa and salon on the first floor and a large, clear-span, multi-purpose room on the second floor.
- Site work and utility service modifications within the footprint of the new addition.