A New York-based Confidential Fortune 100 Financial Services Firm planned for a data center consolidation in Amherst, NY. The 40,0000 square foot, 4.0 Megawatt (MW) data center is a Tier III level facility. Wendel’s work as Owner’s Representative included oversight of the Developer/Design-Builder, the Design Team, and the Owner’s Specialty Consultants (commissioning, furniture, security, information technology, etc).
Key elements of the project included the following implemented by Wendel:
- Facilitated the RFI, shop drawing/ submittals and close out document process on behalf Of the design and construction team.
- Organized and lead weekly coordination meetings between the owner, developer/design-builder and design team, facilitated the resolution of design/construction issues, and assisted the owner with interpretation of contract requirements.
- Prepared and monitored the project budget and master project schedule, and facilitated the procurement, delivery and installation of owner purchased equipment.
- Reviewed and processed contractor and consultant pay applications and change orders.
- Provided part time on-site representative services to confirm construction was advancing in general accordance with contract documents