From the ground up – Managing the routine, the extraordinary, and everything in between.
Wendel plans, designs and builds the framework and infrastructure of the communities where we live, learn, work and play. But first, our surveyors need to pave the way to be sure the land is ready. Legal, environmental, government, construction and utility professionals alike look to the Wendel survey team to provide survey and mapping services.
Over 80 years ago, our company was one man—Leon Wendel, a sole practitioner providing consulting engineering and survey services primarily to customers in Niagara County, New York.
Over time, surveying went from manual readings to digital to 3D modeling, and now to robotic recording mechanisms. Employing the latest and greatest technologies helps us remain efficient and cost effective, a benefit we happily pass on to our clients.
- Residential and Commercial Boundary Surveys – Whether it is a new build or an existing property, our survey teams deliver the boundary surveys for title transfer of residential and commercial properties.
- Public/Private Services – We provide surveying services to both the public and private sectors, ranging from individual homeowners and business owners, to municipalities, government agencies and utilities. We are called upon to assist other engineering firms and contractors who need surveying services.
- Topographic Mapping – Topographic surveys are used to identify and map the contours of the ground and existing features on the surface of the earth. They are also used to identify objects slightly above or below the earth’s surface.
Wendel projects include topographic mapping of trees, buildings, streets, walkways, manholes, utility poles and retaining walls.
- Construction Services – Wendel developed a streamlined, efficient solution for improving organization and first class communication throughout the construction process. With our knowledgeable field crew involved early on in the design phase, we can solve problems in the construction or maintenance of your projects, and provide solutions including regulation compliance.
- Environmental – During project development, we work closely with our engineers to support design, environmental characterization and right-of-way (ROW) determination efforts.